In the News:
- Wave 3 Story Illustrates How Dismissed Charges Can Remain on a Criminal Record
- Louisville Bar Association Article on Expungement
- WFPL.org Interviews Benham Sims on Expungement Law
- It’s Time to Enact Common Sense Felony Expungement Provision (See Page 4) – KACDL
- House Bill 40 Clears 1st Hurdle in Judicial Committee – Berea Online
- Bill to Expunge Records Fails to Receive Enough Votes in Committee – My CN2
- A Crop of Expungement Bills Stirs Debate Among Local Officials – LEO Weekly
- Judge Benham Sims (Ret.) Calls for Expungement Reform – LawReader
By Benham Sims:
- Expungement Statutes Prevent Qualified Individuals from Employment and Contributing to our Economy (PDF)
°Don’t Let Your Past Determine Your Future°
Is your old criminal record costing you a better job or promotion?
- Are you afraid to apply for a new job or promotion because of something on your criminal record?
- Are you concerned about volunteering at your child’s school or your church or as a Little League coach because of a relatively minor offense on your criminal record?
- Do you seek to avoid the embarrassment of people knowing about a mistake you committed years ago?